How to set proxy
Setting proxy is real easy. All you need to do is use “Proxy” action. Some rules and best practices:
- You need to set proxy before page load or any other browser action as shown on video. After you use “Proxy” action, every network request will be executed through that proxy.
- If proxy will fail - thread will restart and new proxy will be used. Don't forget to set fail number as described here
- Proxy can be changed without thread restart, just use “Proxy” action again.
- Browser Automation Studio supports 2 types of proxies: socks5, http with or without authentication.
- Best way to use proxies with file or url resource type, so user can select where to get proxies.
- All dns queries goes through proxies, so you don't have to worry, that your dns server is leaked.
- Flash don't use proxy, so if you enable flash, your ip may be leaked. It is disabled by default.
- BAS can parse a lot of proxy formats. Examples: ip:port, username:[email protected]:port, socks5://ip:port, socks:ip:port:username:password, http:username:password:ip:port, etc
- Use empty line or “Reset” action to remove proxy.
- By default Proxy action is added in “Only Add” mode, it means, that action will be executed in production mode and skipped in development mode. If you want to use proxy in development - select “Execute And Add” mode.
Following tutorial will show how to load proxy from file: